Monday 11 September 2017

The Little Shop of Happy Ever After


I went to our local library and got this book out after seeing it flicking through my feed on Facebook one night. 

Although when I saw this book on Facebook, it had a different title. It was called The Bookshop on the Corner.  Having initially been a bit frustrated at the different titles and without giving away any spoilers, it does become clear why the book is also called The Little Shop of Happy Ever After.

When I read the synopsis of the book - a woman starting life over by buying a bus and selling books from it - I was intrigued. I also love books about books.

So the book starts off really well. It's all about books, the main character Nina's love of them and her desire to leave her job at the library she works at and travel in a book bus - a dream that becomes reality for her albeit with a few hiccups along the way. I really liked how Colgan developed Nina's character.

Most of the story kept my interest but it then got a bit too chick lit for me. However, I didn't want to give up on it and did finish it

I would like to read more of Colgan's books and I'd recommend this one to those who love chick lit and books about books.

No comments:

Post a Comment